Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Iowa rest stop, concert in Washington (IA)


We were stopped at a gas station along the road in Iowa. Donna returned from a trip to the restroom and informed us "The ladies' room is out of order. I used the mens'. Men are nasty." A few minutes later Ryan returned to the car from a similar mission, laughing out loud but horrified. Apparently not all men are that nasty.

This evening we played in Washington, IA. In every concert I play there are some passages that I am happy with and others that I wish I had played better. I guess as artists we are always reaching for ideals, often ideals we can't quite describe in words, ideals that change from night to night. It would be boring to play many concerts if we felt that any one of them was completely perfect with nothing left to work on or to try a different way.

All the same, it was really special for me when one of our audience members this evening told me that ours was the best concert she had ever been to.

2 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for a wonderful evening! We enjoyed meeting and visiting with you afterwards. Have fun in Nebraska!!

Rick, Annette & Taylor

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At a Thai restaurant last Saturday evening the men's room was locked so I used the ladies' room. When I was leaving I found a woman waiting to use the ladies' room. If looks could kill I would be dead by now....

a tax lawyer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home