Monday, February 20, 2006

Hi Grandma :-)

I wanted to take this opportunity to say hi to one of our most loyal readers: my grandmother. I am willing to bet that Anna Bruskin in Arlington, MA is the only person who has read every single one of our blog posts in hard copy! (My parents, also some of our most loyal readers, print and deliver.)

The very first road trips I can remember are the family trips my parents and sisters and I used to take from our home in Cambridge, MA to West Hartford, CT where my grandparents then lived. I'll never forget my grandfather's clocks - literally hundreds of beautiful antiques that he wound almost reverently each day. 12 noon was a rather raucous moment at that house! My grandmother cooked and baked us the most wonderful meals... what I wouldn't do for some of her apple pancakes, meat pie and chocolate roll right now! Many of the first concerts Julie and I gave were for Grandma and Grandpa in their living room. We were very lucky to have such an appreciative (and forgiving) first audience.

3 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cherish those times remembered, which you do, and those yet to come. Grandparents pass their legacy onto us, and what we do with our lives is how we thank them back in return for all that they've given us throughout the years. Mine passed over a decade ago, and on the one hand they'd like how I worked the rent increases for their other 3 apartment units. But if they saw how I split the entrance to their outer double living-room into a half-arch, and built a double hallway so I can hang my Monet & Renoir replicas along its span like a gallery, then both of them, and my deceased pet Black Cat, would chase me with a pitchfork like the triumvirate of doom--they were Azorean. Prevailing traditions notwithstanding, they still love us anyways!
-J.Cee

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet that your grandma is going to love this entry! What a nice set of things to recall and write about!

Oliver

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked your writing style today. Keep writing. Do have a good week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home