Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Fire

Hm, so here I am, sitting in my pajamas, using the business center at the Sheraton in Palo Alto. Firemen are milling about and hotels guests are waiting around by the pool and in the lobby of the hotel.

We checked in about an hour ago, after a very long day of travelling. We were settling in for a good night's rest when suddenly, the fire alarms sounded. These are LOUD, folks. Anyway, we have been standing around, waiting for the fire (nobody sees flames but there is smoke) to be "controlled".

Such high drama...sleep is so appealing right now. The bed is so near, yet so far. I'm also cold in my boxer shorts...


*An update: Fire is out, hallways are still smoky...turns out the fire was caused by the hotel's dryer. *

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why stand around waiting for the fire to be put out? Why didn't you play an impromtu concert for the guests? Don't tell me you left your instruments in your rooms! If you didn't have a piano available, Donna could have sung the piano part. According to Heifetz, ingenuity is what distinguishes the great artists from those who are merely good.

Algernon

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Donna said...

If I could sing the piano part, I'd stop playing the piano and start a new career. It would be quite the feat, singing ALL those notes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home