Sunday, February 15, 2009

More From Our Traveling Valentine's


Well, it could have been worse. We ended up flying most of the day, and we ended up with delays and impossible connections necessitating switching airlines, and we ended up (unexpectedly) on US Airways, which no longer gives out anything free, even cups of water.

However, we got lucky with our gate agent. She bucked the coorporate "charge for oxygen" philosophy and laid out some free Valentine's Day treats for us lucky passengers.

Of course we are luckiest to have amazingly wonderful husbands, who sent us our surprise box of treats (see Donna's last post). Chad sent me cookies from an incredible bakery on the Upper West Side: Levain Bakery. It's on West 74th Street just east of Amsterdam, and if you are anywhere near Manhattan, I recommend dropping everything and heading over. You won't regret it. They make ridiculously good (and shockingly large) cookies. My favorite are the dark chocolate chocolate chip. Wow!!

Do follow that last link. These people don't mess around, and their photos are much better than mine...


5 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily, how do you stay so trim? Is your secret some new-fangled grapefruit and dark chocolate chocolate chip cookie diet???

Fatso

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger emily said...

Yes, exactly! One grapefruit every single day and one dark chocolate chocolate chip cookie every single time my husband Fed Ex's one 3000 miles to me in a glittery red bag. Works for me...

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Tis been said that chocolate acts as a stimulant upon a certain part of the brain, which name escapes me due to outcome based education. One noted pioneer of neurology, a Dr. Freudstein, wrote letters to his fiance and sent her pretty flowers when he wasn't conducting his own experiments with local anesthetics. His wife later wrote a novel about Boris Karloff's neck implants, but no, that was Percy's wife now that I think of it. Byron just liked to watch.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Emily, Julie and Donna, thanks for all the great blog posts! They are brightening my (sick) day. (My Valentine's day was spent with my sister's kids, who managed to pass on a bug with some nasty symptoms).
xo maria

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

Your visit to Minot ND was wonderful, I really enjoyed your show, and thank you for the autograph. I have contacted my brothers and sisters and told them to go to your concert if you are any where near any of them...Hope your tour is rewarding and fun. May God Bless you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home