Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Rare Day Off


On a rare day off from concertizing, we decided to take a rather large detour on our way from Grants Pass, OR to Salem, OR to see the Oregon Coast (at my insistence, really). I had visited the coast with my family back when I was about thirteen years old and I remember loving the spectacular scenery. So, instead of driving up directly on I-5, we took this route:


View Larger Map

It took us about twice as long to get to Salem, but it was well worth the trip. Here are some photos from our drive:




And finally, Red Sox Nation is truly everywhere:


I love the Pacific Northwest!

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a great trip! A little birdie told me that Julie and Emily and their family took a similar trip up the Oregon and Washington coast back in 1982. They all flew free on Republic Airlines, thanks to their eating a TON of Rice Chex and Corn Chex, the box tops of which got sent in in exchange for free airline tickets. Those were the days of cheap flights!

Cicero

 

Post a Comment

<< Home