Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie

When I first started dating Aaron, somehow he found out that I really like ice cream. Sometimes he would buy a pint of Ben and Jerry's - usually Coffee Heath Bar Crunch, Peanut Butter Cup or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - and we'd eat the whole thing in one sitting! Although we do still occasionally get ice cream (Godiva Begian Dark Chocolate is a new favorite), we've tried to reign in our gluttony a bit.

But when Aaron came to visit me in Youngstown (yay!), we discovered a wonderful homemade ice cream parlor called Handel's (a good musical name). We revisited our traditional pint, and particularly enjoyed their Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie with swirls of real peanut butter.

Since we've lasted this long, Aaron, you must know I'm not just in it for the ice-cream!

2 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaron, it seems to me that Julie protests too much. Just to be sure she isn't in it just for the ice cream, you might consider making Julie pay for all the ice cream from now on. Then if she is in it just for the ice cream, I think you'll figure it out pretty quickly....Oliver

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, is this the influence my big brother who I'm expected to look up to has on you, Julie?! You know, my roommate and I have this policy... We do a lot of cooking-- cupcakes, brownies, cookies, you get the idea. But we made this deal with each other that we could only eat these foods if we worked if all off that same night (to obviously avoid the "freshman 15"). Maybe you should encourage Aaron to direct both of you in this direction as well as down the trial of good-tasting ice cream!

~Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home