Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Fruit Logs, Plums, Fish and More

Our first day in Seattle was gorgeous so we took advantage of the sunshine and checked out Pike Place Market. Cello Bruskin accompanied us on the adventure!

These days, it's hard to find anything marketed as "fat" but apparently, with dungeness crabs, it's a great thing. They look pretty yummy to me!


What on earth is that?! Ah...a monkfish! That's quite the expression! I hope I never look like that when I play!!!

Those are some of the biggest, juiciest scallops I have ever seen. Mmmmmmmmm...


Look at that wonderfully arranged produce! All those colours! We sampled some of the best plums ever -- Larry Anne plums.


Never had fruit logs before, but they looked enticing (don't they?) so we tried some. I had the apricot one, which was delicious. These fruit logs are dried fruit sticks covered in coconut.

3 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that some of those fishy pictures make me want to become a vegetarian again. I hope that noone fed one of those fishes to Cello Bruskin (or to Julia or Emily either, for that matter)....

Oliver

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is actually a stick or a string tied to that monkfish - the guys in the fish counter make it move to startle tourists taking photographs of it.

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Donna said...

you're right, there is something attached to the monkfish because i saw the guys at the fish counter pull that stunt on a poor tourist (not me, haha)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home