Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Getting Attitude...

...several times today!


We did a mini concert for 7th and 8th graders. One girl's t-shirt read: "Watch out. I had a bowl of attitude for breakfast!" Luckily, the kids did not live up to their shirts.


At the toll booth for the George Washington Bridge, crossing into Manhattan:

Donna: May I have a receipt please?

Toll-taker: You know I don't have time for that!

Whoa, sassy! Then we noticed she was wearing a headset... she was on her cell phone, presumably talking about something other than our toll transaction. (She soon handed Donna her change and receipt without further prompting.)

1 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that eating a bowl of attitude for breakfast is part of the campaign to get kids to eat healthier and to stay trim--I don't think that attitude has any calories to speak of. I also think that I have run into that same toll taker at the George Washington Bridge--but I think you misinterpret her use of headphones. I sold her a copy of the Claremont Mendelssohn Trio CD a few months ago and believe that she now listens to it constantly while working. Finally, I think that a lot of this "attitude" has to do with this having been a long winter that people wish would just go away....

Oliver

 

Post a Comment

<< Home