Sunday, April 30, 2006

Awesome, Dude!

We have just completed week 1 of a 2-week educational residency program with the Chamber Music Society of Detroit, and I must say, it's been action-packed! We have been visting various schools (grades K-12) in the Detroit area, and presenting lecture demonstrations to the students.

Going from school to school is an adventure, as we never know what the piano will be like (usually it's an upright piano) or how the kids will react! Thankfully, we have had wonderful responses so far, and there have been some notable thank-you letters from our young audience members! Listed below are passages from some thank-you letters:

“I hope to play as good as you one day…I am still playing because of artists like you who show the hard work you do to keep playing, and that is why I am still playing today.”

“Thank you for coming to our school. We hope you come everyday. Your music is great. You all should be on TV.”

“Thank you Claremont Trio for the performance. I really liked it. Guess what I have? A piano recital in June on the first. Would you like to come?”

“Dear Chamber Musician, I love your music. Thank you for coming to my school. You all were perfect! I want you to come back and do another song for us. The instruments were beautiful and I would love to play the piano, violin, and the cello. Thank you for coming and you did a perfect job. P.S. They should call you the Perfect Chamber Musicians.”

“Thank you Trio for coming to my school. It means so much that you taught me another kind of music instead of hip hop…I liked the music a lot.”

“Thank you Claremont Trio for coming to our school. I didn’t know that classical music was so awesome, dude.”

2 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Donna,

Your visits to the Detroit area schools seem very similar to the visits Ben Zander is making to the Boston area schools these days. Just last Thursday he had approximately 100 kids from three area schools attend our Boston Philharmonic concert--allegedly the first time many of them had ever heard live music other than hip hop. Keep up the good work!

Algernon

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a blessing to our collective sanity that chamber music can't possibly be victimized by the ravages of gangsta rap.
J. Cee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home