Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Vermont


Vermont is one of my favorite states, maybe partly because that's where my Mom grew up and so I have happy memories of visiting my grandfather there. It's also just so beautiful, especially in the fall!

Recently, we were able to go up and play a concert in my mom's hometown, Northfield, VT, and also perform for the students at her old high school. This was all organized by Tad Dana, a good friend who now runs the library at the high school. In fact that library was started by my grandmother, who was the librarian there for a number of years.

During our visit, we stayed with my Mom's best friend from childhood, Kati Dana. The night before our concert, we lived like real Vermonters, picking up fresh vegetables for dinner at the farm share across the street and cooking up a storm.














































Here are the friendly goats who live on her property. I hope we can go back to Vermont soon!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee whiz, it sounds as if you guys have quite a life! You hobnob with movie stars; get to play on concerts with Yo Yo Ma; and now even get to act like real Vermont farmers.

I can't wait to meet you guys some time really soon!

Sir Freddy Youaresocute

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those goats won't be that friendly if they find a way to break through that fence. Next thing you know, they'll pose a community menace when the next set of greens they sets to chompin' turns out to be your supper!-O
Whatcha got boilin' in that there pot?

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Tom Ellis said...

Thank you for sharing the spectacular fall colors of Vermont, as well as the down-home good times you've been having out on the farm.

Just wanted to let you know, tonight, enroute home from Williamsburg to Hampton where we live, my wife and I were yet again listening to your Arensky/Shostakovich CD--one of my favorite records--and marveling at the precise timing of Donna's arpeggios in the second movement of the Arensky, as well as your soulful cello in Shostakovich's first trio--his valentine gift, at age 19, to a young lady with whom he was enamored. I love any and all chamber music, but the three of you have a special place in my heart, as both fabulous musicians and delightful human beings...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home