Monday, March 29, 2010

An Unusual Request

This past weekend we played on the wonderful St. Croix Concert Series in Stillwater, MN. The concert was at the spectacular Trinity Lutheran Church.









We played the Haydn A Major Trio (a really great one - gorgeous slow movement!), the Ives Trio (incredible - parts sound like Mahler, other parts sound like Ta Ra Ra Boom De Ay), and the Brahms B Major Trio. Brahms B is definitely one of my absolute favorite pieces ever :-)

After the Brahms, this sweet older woman approached me and asked if we play private events. I said sure, sometimes. She said "I'd like you to play at my funeral."

4 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Tom Ellis said...

Me too! But I have a while to go, I hope!

In the meantime, while still alive and breathing, I am looking forward to your eventual return to Norfolk, Virginia. And if you play either Beethoven's Archduke, or Arensky, or Shostakovich (1 or 2), I'll be in heaven BEFORE I die!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Liz Simon said...

I think that's a compliment?

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger julie said...

We'll be playing in Richmond, VA next season - Saturday, September 25 at Virginia Commonwealth University. I don't know the program yet but we'll see what we can do about your requests!

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Liz Simon on this one....

Freddy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home