Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Audience Reactions

Last night in Watertown, WI:

"My only complaint is I wish your concerts were twice as long!"

Friday night in Virginia, MN:

"You all are so good it's scary"

Saturday night in Merrill, WI:

For our second half we performed Arensky's Trio in D minor. Before we started I talked a bit about the piece and described the third movement where the achingly mournful opening of the elegy gives way to a serene almost heavenly middle section. I explained how moving I find this moment when a sense of peace transcends all of the pain. Later while we were playing that middle section I saw out of the corner of my eye a man in the front row reach over and take his wife's hand in his own. Seeing that small gesture, I was overwhelmed for a moment, realizing how we had touched someone.

1 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that your concerts should be twice as long! Next year why don't you offer the following as your choice of programs--either the Complete Beethoven Piano Trios; or the Complete Brahms and Schumann Piano Trios. Then you could do the Tchaikovsky Trio as an encore on both programs. And if you need an encore for the Tchaikovsky, then you could add all of Cafe Music. (Those are the kind of programs James Levine would like to do with the Boston Symphony, but the players keep objecting.)

Herschel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home